this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Friday, January 27, 2006

P-A-I-N is a four-letter word.
So is A-R-M-S for that matter...

On Wednesday, I went to the gym for the first time since the end of the summer. I got maybe half-way through my routine, but then had to stop I felt like I was going to throw up on my shoes. Well anyway, I thought all was well and good, but it's two days later, and I find myself lacking several degrees of freedom in my arms. To be precise, I've lost almost 45 degrees of freedom -- any further and they hurt. It's awkward because, given that my joints can't approach straightness, it looks kind of like my arms are in running mode, but my body's only walking. Very awkward.

So today, being the worst so far for pain and angular restriction, I was left with three options:
  1. Run everywhere, so as not to look stupid.
  2. Constantly brace myself against walls and corners and pillars, while using my other fist as a fulcrum to straighten out my arm manually (This only lasts so long, before it starts to bend back again).
  3. Act like a robot.
I adopted a combination of all three for use over the course of the day.

Hopefully, my arms start to get better over the weekend, so that I can make it back to the gym by Monday...

Laying low tonight -- doing some reading or whatever -- so that I'll feel justified in going out tomorrow. It's the Burke House reunion, and I guess there are people coming from waaaay back. Brandom told me today that even people from its pre-co-ed era are showing. That's like before 1991! Wow.

Anyway, I'm out.

---------------------------------

Oh and just in case you have the urge to spice up your boring old desktop, here's the official PAT wallpaper. Do it! Just right-click the linked image. All the cool kids are doing it... Ok, well... I'm doing it. And I seem to remember someone once referring to me as "cool".



Also, here is the unofficial JAY wallpaper, which I made in the summer for some reason. Which reminds me: "Hey Jay, I made a wallpaper of you in the summer! Hopefully that's not too sketchy..."