this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Macguyver and drunks

Today, Bert came home from the mall with season one of MacGuyver on DVD. Firstly, I’ve got to say that MacGuyver is now one of my favourite shows. It’s just so ridiculous! In the pilot, there is a leak in a vat of sulphuric acid in an underground facility which is threatening to poison the state of New Mexico. The army has been called in to pump concentrated sodium hydroxide into the facility to neutralize the acid before it seeps into the water supply (though they later decide to just fire a subterranean missile, aka a regular missile aimed at the ground, into the earth so that it “fuses the rock around the contamination”). So anyway, MacGuyver finds the leak and patches it with -- get this -- chocolate bars. No kidding. Good ol’ MacGuyver.

I’ve got a stats counter thing for this site that tells me how many people who’ve visited and how they were referred, and apparently someone found my site by searching for “saran wrap” and “accidental ingestion” at the same time, just a few minutes before I checked. I couldn’t help but laugh when I realized that at that very moment, someone in this world had a large ball of saran wrap in their stomach and was frantically searching the internet. You know that’s what happened, because why else would someone look for that combination of words! But what kind of idiot eats Saran wrap anyway??? I mean, it’s not like there’s a warning on the box that says “do not ingest”, but it’s just common sense… erm… nevermind

So this is some stupid site that I found which amused me to no end. Well, I guess it wasn’t amusing to “no end”, but it was to some end that was a moderate distance away. Clearly, I wasn’t amused forever. That would just be ridiculous. But I digress… here it is anyway.


So yeah, Kirk and Mitch just came home from Liquid Ice both loaded and high. Here is a picture of them with Kirk talking about how fucked up he is and Mitch laughing. And I know you don’t read this Kirk, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway! Sorry that we trashed your room, but we wouldn’t have done it if we didn’t like you. Might have pictures of the room trashing up later, but let me just say that it involved toilet paper, a table, a fake Christmas tree, recycling and garbage bins, wet floor signs, and an extra large bag of paper that had been through a shredder. And none of the previous items had been in his room beforehand. Basically, we just brought everything we could think of into Bailey and Kirk’s room, then hung/threw toilet paper and shreddings all over it.