this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

I HATE TRAVEL.

Ok, i just had the worst transportation experience ever! I didn't sleep more than 1.5 hours last nite, since i was up so early to get taxied over to the st. john's airport at 5:30 this morning. I had a cool cabby and we talked about random shit and somehow it came up with the dispatcher that one of his fellow taxi dudes had some operation on his colon which got messed up, so he wasn't going to be able to work over xmas as expected. The dispatcher was asking for donations from other cabbies, so when i left, i gave my guy $20 to give to him. This comes into play later.

During my loooong stopover in halifax, i kept falling asleep and waking up after a few minutes. Finally, i woke up near the flight time, but the airport lady said the noon flight was boarding in about 3 minutes. Upon hearing this, i promptly fell asleep again and woke up an hour after my flight had left. The lady (Nancy MacKay, you fuckin rock) was helping me sort stuff out for like two hours. Finally, i got through to my parents in moncton, who had come up from saint john to pick me up at my supposed destination, and they told me to just take a bus to SJ since they couldnt wait around till the next flight at 10pm. I tried to buy my bus ticket but i had no money in my spending account, and i couldnt transfer from my school account online cause the internet cafe was too outdated and didnt have 128-bit encryption, and i couldnt transfer by phone because i forgot my phone banking PIN, and i couldnt speak to a real goddamn person because it was sunday, and i couldnt call my parents cause i had used up my last $3.15 to leave a 30 second message on my dad's cell earlier. Basically i was fucked.

In the end, somehow my parents called the airport and booked my bus ticket from SMT moncton, and i left at 4:30pm and just got home at like 9:30pm... by the way, i watched the camcorder videos from friday nite (the ones after i had passed out) on the bus... and bailey, you really did strip down butt naked in a room full of people and drink whiskey sours. You're a mad man!

Sorry if this has been me bitching the whole time, but im just so tired and cranky. I don't regret giving that money to the cabbie, i just find it funny that that was the one time i could have actually really used it... but i did find a quarter later that allowed me to scrounge together 1.25 for chips, my only food that day... GO ME! Going to bed for now, but def goin out tomorrow night! I miss all my friends in kv!