this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Getting my study on... no matter what.

I'm always in the library looking for good places to study, but with midterm season being upon us, study rooms tend to fill up quickly and the wait-line gets longer. But I think I've figured out a good solution:

There a comfortable-looking, spacious study room up on fourth floor that never seems to be in use. I figure I could go in, get my study on, and not be disturbed the whole time I'd be there. The only catch is that it's the "assisted learning" study room. It's got all these magnifying and braille machine dealies and CD players for playing audio-books and stuff... you know -- for anyone with sensory disabilities.

So I'd go in here, and if by chance someone came in to see who was using the room without booking it, I'd simply look at them blankly and then just keep yelling "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?" until they'd left.

The only problem I can foresee is that maybe they'd start signing to me. In that case, I'd just play it cool. I'd probably start doing the macarena or something. Y'know -- I'm sure I'd say something. So what if the macarena in sign language means something like "You honks like pretty dog sandwiches." I'm sure they'd just leave me be at this point no matter what.