this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Friday, October 14, 2005

The Game

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret. You guys all know that's I've got a new stupid game for every day of the week, but I'm going to tell you about "The Game". As in, the mother of all effing games. Get ready...

So there are only 3 sinple rules to this game:
  1. You are always playing The Game. 24 hours a day -- 7 days a week -- 52 weeks a year -- until you keel over and die during an episode of The Price Is Right, which by the way is still hosted by the eternal-cyborg-thing that is Bob Barker.
  2. You only lose when you remember that you're playing The Game.
  3. When you lose The Game, you must say aloud, "I lose," thereby making any other players in your vicinity lose as well.
  4. You must then explain The Game to anyone around you who hasn't previously been playing. They are now playing.

So basically, you're always winning until you lose. At which time you drag other people into it. I suggest making a shirt that says, "You lose." You know... if you really want to be a jerk.

And yeah I know, you're thinking, "Can I just explain The Game to people even if I haven't lost?" But AH-HA! If you think to explain it, then you've already lost, so this situation can never come up.

The great thing about The Game is that you can say that you're not playing anymore, but you're just kidding yourself. You're always playing, even if you pretend not to. In this case, you're just breaking the rules.

Another cool thing is that, after playing for awhile, you'll always be surprise who else is playing too. I tends to get around. And contrary to what you might first believe, you can sometimes go months without remembering that you're invovlved.

So go forth my children, because by this point, you're already playing. Game on.