this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Appendices

I'm pretty busy studying at the moment -- filling my thinker with things that need thinking -- but I figured I'd just post up some random semi-relevant things that've been cluttering my computer. This is more for me than anything else, since I tend to lose the hard-copies of most everything...

Appendix A: The final page of "L-I-F-E Is A Four-Letter Word" by Nicholas Monsarrat, torn out of a book in a bar on my birthday earlier this year.


Appendix B: The disconnect notice which we received on the day which it was supposed to occur.

---------------------------------------


I'm currently studying for my Microbiology final. Last time I was studying for this class I was up all night, wired on Red Bull, and performing some of the most ludicrous acts of studitude (Sure it's a word. Trust me.) that I've ever been involved in. Though it's commonplace for me to pace around, sometimes rapping and drawing things out on my palms Hellen-Keller-style, I've never acted out the formation of a biofilm before. Think you're an intense studier? "Biofilm: The Patrick Edition" consisted of me falling to the floor, flattening myself against it, making squishing sounds, then throwing my dirty laundry on top of myself. Had anyone been looking in my window at 4am, for whatever reason, I think they might have concluded that they had just witnessed a man snap under the immense pressures of academic life-- reduced to a quivering shell (because I did quiver as I made oozing sounds), unable to face the world and most likely in the process of soiling himself.

Hopefully there's no need to be that intense about it this term...