this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Yuletide-ishness

Ok, it's been a little while since I've written anything cause I've been preoccupied with Christmas and such, but I've finally got some time! I've been home for awhile, seen MOST people I really want to see, stupidly missed some (...Garrett...), and have had a near lethal dose of family. I love being home, but it kinda sucks that there hasn't been one real "get-together", especially when everyone else I've talked to from other places has had massive amounts of parties and everything. kinda sad... but i'm probably making it sound worse than it is. I'm actually having alot of fun seeing everyone!

So last night Adam, me, Chris (my younger brother), Andrew, Coleman, and Jon (Adam's younger brother) all went to Adam's and stayed up all night watching movies and playing "Trump: The Board Game". First off, I need to write out this formula that I've been working on:

[(Trump) + (Futureshop Boxing Day Sale) - (Fucking Ignorant Consumers)] > Jesus

Interpretation of this formula tells us that 1) Trump is a fucking wicked boardgame bitches, and that 2) Futureshop sales are wicked too. I got a computer better than mine at school for like $280, and some other stuff. Also, 3) "old people are ridiculous". They think that prosthetic bones and stuff give them the right to cut in line when you got there at 6:10 am (There was a brutal snowstorm, so even though we left at 5:30 in the morning, it took that long). Anyway, the moral of this story is that Boxing Day sales bring out the inner evils of the human spirit. And old people should die.

So, at home at about 10:30am, (after another 45 min return trip) I crashed. Like 9/11 crashed*. I was that tired. On an unrelated note, when I woke up earlier today, I decided that I was going to pull a Julian (a la Trailer Park Boys) and attempt to have a rum & coke on hand at all times for as many days as possible. The original intention was to just HAVE it, not DRINK it, but this proved difficult. It's hard to stay sober when you always have a drink in you hand... I am currently somewhat drunk but I've held up to my challenge from about 8pm earlier tonight, and since then I've been to Adam's house, played pool with his family and neighbors, went cruising (not me driving), and went to Tim's! GO ME!

As of right now, I'm trying to figure out how this trip to Springhill to see Ashley and Alisha is gonna work out... hopefully I'll get to visit, but who knows how it'll work out. And Jana, you are not leaving till we hang out. Period.
Oh and hey, I talked to lucas today! That was awesome cause I haven't talked to that kid in such a long time since he moved to Montreal! Of course, because my mom woke me up for the phone call from him, I remember very little of the beginning of the conversation. I tend to forget everything I say during the first 5 min after I wake up. I once told Coleman (roommate), when he tried to wake me up for a lab exam, that I (quote)"had talked to the instructor and told her how busy I was, and she said I didn't have to write the exam"(unquote). This event did not transpire. I showed up like 20 minutes late for the exam, freaking at Coleman for not waking me up, and I still don't recall the comment.

Well, over-and-out I'm done. Happy Birthday Craig and Sarah! You guys rock!

*Patrick apologizes for any who he may have offended with the off-hand 9/11 comment. It was inappropriate.