this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Things to do and people to idolize

Everybody needs a hobby. Hobbies are good. I have a special hobby. No matter what the season or the temperature outside, when I see any of the rodent-birds (ie. pigeons or seagulls), I stop, loosen my right shoe by stepping on the heel with my left, and kick my shoe at said bird. This takes talent, practice, and bitter contempt for pigeons/seagulls. It’s not as easy as it sounds. There are certain strategies that I’ve developed over the years. If you’re new to bird-shoeing, then I recommend you start with pigeons. They are pretty stupid and slow and also too stubborn to move even when you’re close to them. They are the easier to hit because all you have to do it kick your shoe right at them. Seagulls on the other hand are more difficult to aim for because they seem to anticipate the shoe launch. To get these guys, you usually have to be at a distance (which works out cause normally you can’t get very close anyway). The key is to launch your sneaker almost straight up into the air. If you’re lucky-slash-skilled enough, it’ll land right on top of the seagull. It’s funny because it doesn’t even see it coming. Heh… Stupid birds…

So yeah, for those of you who don’t know me, or at least don’t know me well enough, I thought I’d let you know: Mr. T is my idol. Some people have tried to tell me that Mr. T is gay, or that it is not right for a heterosexual male to have an obsession with Mr. T. Well, fuck those people, cause “T” is bad-ass. My love of Mr. T began in about grade 9 when I had a picture frame lying around from a Christmas present that I forgot to give to my Nana. Naturally, I printed off a picture of “T” and shoved it in, and it’s been displayed in my rooms ever since. Some might say that Mr. T’s career is over, but I disagree. He’s still awesome after all these years -- still pitying fools and whatnot. You go T. There’s a funny interview that I have of him being interviewed by Conan O’Brien last year, but I can’t seem to find a link to it on the web… Yes, devastating… I realize. Anyway, here are my pictures of Mr. T that I could muster together. Sorry if I don’t have many, but the sad truth is that I don’t take many picture of my pictures.


By the way, Jay inadvertently laughed like Tigger awhile ago.

And oh yeah, you know that first MacGuyver episode with the sulphuric acid spill??? Bert told me today that there was a big acid spill on the first floor of the chemistry building today! I guess it took them awhile to clean it up and the whole downstairs smelled really funny. The great thing was that when he heard, all Bert could think of was throwing chocolate at it. If only the industrial cleaner guys dealing with it had watched MacGuyver, then the problem would have been fixed in a second.

PS - If this slows down it's because I've got lots on my plate, including but not limited to: midterms, summer research applications, capturing Burke video onto computer, editting slideshow for formal, and helping with UN Society... Life becomes increasingly complicated, don't it?