this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A brief word from you friendly neighborhood bus

OK, I've discovered something else which I hate: Signs on buses that tell you what route number they are -- when they're on the back side of the bus. It's completely unnecessary, except to rub it in your face.

It's as if it were saying,
"Hello. I am a bus. In fact, I'm more than that; I am your bus. And I am pulling away. Tra-la-la. I'd just like to confirm that -- no -- you have not mistaken me for the previous bus, but I am in fact the very same bus that you should be on right now.
Keep pumping those legs, bitch. I'm not stopping. Goodbye."
Ok, maybe that was an unfair personification. I'm sure buses are very pleasant vehicles, if you just get to know them. I'm just bitter.