this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Life

When I was walking home from work this morning at 6:30 in the morning, I came across a big pile of someone's household junk along the side of the road.

"Sweet! Free stuff!" I thought to myself.

This was better than that time when I'd found those two perfectly good ties on the side of the road a few weeks ago! Since both had still been tied in Windsor knots, there hadn't even been the need to find anyone to tie them for me!

So anyway, as I was digging through the waist-high pile, I suddenly stood up and looked around. As I scanned my surroundings in the early morning light -- a moldering mattress to my right, a soggy Monopoly board to my immediate left, and countless other articles filling the in-betweens -- I asked myself, "What am I doing with my life?"

And then I saw this really sweet shelf which was in perfect condition, at least if you ignored the missing glass doors and the sparse scattering of melted candies.