this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

The day after

So... let's see... what's new with me?

Well, we had a kickin' halloween party last night and I went on a tear like I haven't really done since the first weekend back in school. First off, though no one really recognized it, my costume was awesome. My costume was that I was dressed as Donnie Darko wearing his halloween costume. It was all my idea. Certainly not Coleman's -- No sir. It took me all day to make, what with getting to the Walmart and putting it together. I made it with masking tape, some Walmart clothes, an iron, and just a little bit of love. Here's a day-after pic of me in my get-up, looking all Donnie-Darko-esque:



But last night, I was more fun-looking than that. Here is my rendition of me being a fun Donnie Darko:



Picture me moving to Cha. Cha. Cha-Cha-Cha. If that doesn't scream "party like it's 1999" then I don't know what does... except maybe a robot whose sole purpose is to yell "PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999!!! PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999!!!" over and over again in a crazy robot voice, but that's beside the point. The point is that I had fun last night. End of story.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on -- What am I talking about? This is not the end of story! The end of the story tends to follow the story, of which I haven't even started. As usual, I will use visual aids to tell the tale. We took a good bit of video too, but I can't get that up on the internet in a timely manner. Maybe I'll put it on Google Video sometime...

WARNING: This "story" is going to be all over the place.

So anyway, as is turning into a recurring event at our house, a bunch of the guys ended up riding a storage container down the stairs and out onto the lawn. I got kind of daring with the cameras and went for some extreme photography and cinematography, so I've got some crazy pictures and video of people barreling down the stairs towards me. For example, here's Ian (dressed as JFK), doing his thing:



I sort of just met Ian tonight, cause he's a frosh and I haven't been around Burke all that much. I'd heard about him though, cause people were telling me that he's like a mini version of me, at least in the sense that he gets drunk and thinks that stupid ideas are good ones. Well anyway -- hats off to you Ian.

Speaking of stupid things, the masking tape bones started to fall off of my costume last night, so I used the iron to re-apply them. Not so stupid, in and of itself, but the catch is that I refused to take my shirt off first. The masking tape actually browned. I sort of forgot about it until I saw the video this morning...
Lesson learned: Irons = hot.

And oh yeah, we got the Community Jug on the go this time. At odd intervals, we'd go around the room with the jug and everyone would have to pour a bit of their drink in. After it was filled to our satisfaction, we'd go back around and everyone would have to drink out of it. I've gotta say... I was skeptical at first, but it actually turned out tasting REALLY good. I'd say that the first one ws the best... So yeah -- here's Andre holding it up and being an idiot:


To explain the costume: He's a chick magnet. Get it? Kind of a good idea, because any other time that you extend your arms out towards women, wiggling your fingers and yelling "MAGNETIZE!", you end up looking creepy. Wearing this costume though, you end up with girls latching onto you. Go figure.

At one point, Tony didn't look like he was having enough fun, so I took it upon myself to make him smile -- manually, that is.



Jesse's costume was that he was not Jesse. He didn't really have anything when he arrived, so he just cut up a liquor store bag and put it on his head.

Ok, I'm getting tired of writing, so I'm just gonna post all the rest of the pictures (of those that turned out), and you guys can see them. Whatever.




End of story.