this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

I bet...

There is a small peninsular country in the heart of the Black Sea near Northern Europe. This is the nation of Crimea. There was a famous civil war the took place there in the 19th century. There is a certain river running through Crimea. Maybe some of you see where I'm going with this... I bet at some point in time, some foreigners from the West have come to Crimea and perhaps have lost their map and bearings. I bet some have gone up to locals along said river, and asked for directions to a destination that is, unbeknownst to them, only a little ways up the river. And I bet some locals, in broken English while pointing up the river, have replied "Go Crimea River." The foreigners no doubt walked away baffled, and when prodded by friends about their experiences with the people of Crimea, had only harsh words to describe their unpleasant demeanor.