this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

A gift from Sheldon

So the last guy that lived in this apartment forgot to file change of address info with a bunch of companies, so we've been getting quite a bit of his mail. Rogers Cable in particular really likes sending us letters. "Shelden Keats, you haven't returned your high-speed internet modem.", "Sheldon Keats, you owe us $631.84. Please respond immediately.", "Sheldon Keats, your account is overdue and we have passed your information over to a collection agency.", blah, blah, blah... Frankly, I'm getting tired of having to throw all of his mail out.

But finally, today, we got something worthwhile! I opened the mailbox when I came home for lunch, only to find a Maxim magazine! Hoorah! Apparently, my good buddy Sheldon was a man who liked his girlie-magazines. Thank you, Sheldon. You're a gentleman and a scholar. This more than makes up for the trouble of having to constantly empty all of those urgent-marked envelopes out of our mailbox.

Note: Just kidding, I haven't been opening Sheldon's mail... I've been giving it to our landlord. But I guess she says he is overdue on some things.