this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bored like the wind

Ok, so this is the continuation of the remix... whatever that means. OK, I've decided to start a new segment, just because I'm bored and I can't think of what else to write about. It's called Things About My Apartment That Piss Me Off. I'll just add stuff whenever I feel like it. Here goes...


Installment #1:

The Kitchen Light

Our kitchen light is one of those energy saver lights, which might seem kind of great at first. Let me just tell you this: Anything that lights a room with under 20 watts is ungodly and inherently evil. This light fixture is truly sinister. You see, I would have no problem with this lightbulb if when I flipped the switch, all I was looking for was light in the indeterminate future. If -- when I flipped the switch -- I was thinking, "You know what, I don't care when, but I'd like some light in this room at some future point in time" -- If that's what I was thinking, I would love this light for saving me all those precious watts. But alas, this is not the case. When I flip the switch, I want my fucking electricity coursing through my filament instantaneously. I don't want to wait for it to warm up. The light literally takes 2 or 3 minutes sometimes! I've gotten in the routine of turning on the light a few minute before I intend to enter the kitchen. Just like I'm sure many people warm up their automobiles in the morning, I warm up my kitchen luminescence.

Anyway, more stuff later when I decide to write it. In the meantime, here's a panorama shot of my room. Yippee-kye-yo-kye-yay motherfuckers!