this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's a Small World or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bus

Talk about coincidences! So my parents are down for the week and earlier tonight I was catching a bus downtown to meet up with them for supper. I got on, saw Dion Pye bringing his laundry to some laundrymat, and talked with him for awhile. But then he got off and, having no one to talk to, I leaned forward and asked the girl in from of me "Sooooooo... How was the shopping?" I knew that this bus had stopped at the mall first, and she had a big plastic bag full of crap, so needless to say, it didn't take much deduction. From there I found out that she was from PEI, and that she'd played basketball against Alisha during high school. When I added that I was moving in with Alisha and her brother in a month, she said that she'd just spoken with Alisha's brother before she'd left for this trip to visit family in Newfoundland. Actually, when she'd told him where she was going, he had said something to the effect of "No way! I'm moving over there in the fall!" And what's more, she was on her way downtown to meet up with her parents to eat at some restaurant too! How weird is that?!

She was dropped off right in front of her restaurant first. After I got off at the next stop and met up with my parents, we walked around trying to figure out where to eat. For some reason my parents wanted to go eat at the same place that she'd gone into. Luckily, I convinced them otherwise, cause I think that if I'd showed up there, it might have come across as... you know... creepy. You know the movie Groundhog Day? Remember how Bill Murray slowly learned everything about this one woman, then one day pretended they liked all the same things and had so much in common? And remember how she flipped out? I could envision something like that happening...

Anyway, back to lab work!

PS - And since me and Bus Girl (aka Suzanne Scott) were talking about random traveling plans, I employed a shameless plug for TravelBlogger.com. So Ian, by my calculations if I work on the same systme as banner ads, then you owe me one nickel. Pony up.