this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Poem fragment and other junk

Ok, I was in the lab and I thought of a few lines of poetry, but as always, I'm probably not gonna bother to finish it... Here it is anyway:

So gather 'round friends,
And we'll sin till we're saints.
You steal the calf,
And I'll bring the gold paint.

I dunno. Maybe it could be the chorus to a song or something -- beats me.
------------------------
I've decided that from now on, whenever I'm walking in the general direction of a garbage can in public (especially outdoors), I'm not gonna waste this chance encounter with a waste disposal site. As I'm walking towards it, I'm going to pick up a piece of garbage off the ground, and throw it in as I pass by. Then I'll continue on my merry way -- simple as that. Why waste the opportunity??? The only effort it'll take me is the energy to bend down. Somewhat sadly, in most places, I won't even need to stray off course, since it's pretty much guaranteed that there'll be at least one piece of garbage between the trash bin and I.

I highly encourage everyone else to start with this routine too! Come on, it doesn't have to be Earth Day for you to pick up someone else's junk. Together, we can make the world a cleaner place -- well... if not the whole world, then at least the small section of it within a 20 foot radius of every trash can.