this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Patrick's new theory on losing stuff

As some of you folks may already know, I lost my wallet awhile back when we had a party -- or rather, I re-lost my wallet when we had another party, depending on the timeframe from which you chose to look at it. But what I forgot to mention was that I found it again! Woohoo, says I! How, you ask? Well, we just threw yet another party, that's how.

All I know is that I came downstairs to clean up after our halloween shin-dig, and my wallet was just sitting on the counter in our dirty, dirty kitchen. How did it get there? Well, sometimes you just have to take things for what they are and not ask questions that may confuse and baffle you. I'll assume that someone I know had found it and just chose to return it that night. It's even possible that they gave it to me personally... though I was in no position to remember a trivial event such as that.

So anyway, I bet that this let-it-be-and-it'll-work-out attitude can be applied to other situations too... well -- at least in those situations in which you lose something. Just leave things be, and shit will work itself out.

Dishes dirty? Don't sweat it. Just let them build up long enough, and eventually the bacteria will evolve so that they'll clean themselves.

Lost your child at the mall? No problem. Just calmly go home, then on the weekend, throw a party. With any luck, you'll come down to clean on the following morning and find your baby smack-dab in the middle of the kitchen counter, gurgling happily among the empties. Trust me on this one. I've had experience with this type of thing.