this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Aspirations?

Man. I can't sleep. I've been trying to, but I just can't. I'm sitting on my bed in my underwear, listening to people talking outside my window down below, and all I can think about is travelling. I want to buy a big knapsack, stitch on a Canada flag patch, and get out of here. Not that "here" is bad -- just that "here" isn't "there".

I got thinking about this a week or so ago, and now I can't stop. I want to buy a two-way plane ticket and worry about how I'll fill the in-between time later. I want to do something spontaneous. Like go to the library, find the National Geographic section, pull out a random edition from between 1900 and 2005, arbitrarily open to a page, point to a pretty picture, and say "I'm going there." Or hit the "Next Blog" button (Avaiable in the top-right corner of your screen) until I find someone who's somewhat interesting who seems like they might be up for something out-there, and try to get them to agree to buy a plane ticket to the same place on the same day. Hey -- assuming people like this even exist, I'd keep with the strategy until I found one of them.

I'm too impatient, and it's pissing me off that I can't do this now, at 3:33 in the morning, while exams are going on. I hope this isn't a short-term feeling; something I'll just forget about in a week. I want to be in this same mindframe when I'm not smothered by exams -- when I'm not feeling so claustrophobic. I'd like to go with someone like Coleman. Maybe I'll ask him tomorrow. Maybe I'll wait till he reads this himself. I can seriously see myself doing it solo if I can't find anyone else. At least I can at the moment. Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow. Maybe I'll just want to play Xbox. Hopefully not.

If you're reading this and you know me: please don't ask me about it. For some reason, I feel like if I talk about it out loud in real-life, it will make it seem less possible. Maybe less real, if that makes sense. Me talking about it while cramming for exams would somehow... Well, I think my current reality would shoot the dream downm. Let's leave it at that.

And if you're reading this and you don't know me: Ever had the urge to travel? Seriously.

Maybe this Ian Mack guy had an influence. He's helped set up some nifty Travelblogger site, if anyone's interested.

Anyone can feel free to comment on this topic though...