this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Musings...

(Wrote this part this morning-->
For some reason I just thought of this:

When I sat down on my bed just a second ago and pulled a sock onto my left foot, hundreds of other people in the world were doing the exact same thing at the exact same time. I could go over to my closet, push half the clothes to the side and pull out a pair of pants -- the same thing. I’d be doing it in synchrony with countless others. Whoever said that “all the world’s a stage” was right, at least in the choreography department. It’s funny how out of all the feelings of anonymity and insignificance that sometimes accompany the vastness of humanity, you can untangle a sense of connectedness and find something comforting. (From here on I wrote tonight--> Maybe the fact that I find this realization soothing as opposed to bleak -- maybe that unearths something profound about the way I think. But I'm too tired and lazy to dig around for that now.

I'm going to bed. OK. Together now, everyone: Please remove your left sock.
And while you're at it: Ladies, please remove your pants. Wicked.