this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In Perspective


So our fridge smells. It smells like something ungodly crawled inside and died. Something like Gary Coleman. He's pretty ungodly.

So anyway, I was going through and trying to figure out what stank/stunk/stonk so bad, so I ended up throwing out an Atlantic Salmon Steak, half a pack of Montreal style smoked meat, and a few raw chicken breasts that I had left out to (de)thaw and forgotten about. I was so pissed cause in total I was throwing away like $10 worth of stuff.

"What a no good fucking waste," I said to myself, "Ten dollars just down the drain."

Then it occured to me that I do the same thing each and every weekend. For instance, I spent an obsene $75 From Wednesday to Sunday of last week, and the weekend before... well, see below... You can make the assumption that when someone puts on a garbage get-up like that, the prior liquor investment must have been astronomical. You'd be guessing correctly.

So anyway, I guess that just put it in perspective. Many people would stop drinking so much after stumbling upon a realization such as this....

I'll probably just throw out more food.