this is my dull life. this is my dull life on drugs. this is a haiku.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Done exams! w00t!!1

So yeah, I finished my last exam at 2pm today after literally getting 7 hours sleep in the last 72 hours. I’m surprisingly not tired, partly because I caught up on my sleep debt the week before exams started. So anyway, I got out of the exam and since I had no time to study beforehand, I was going over the test in my head, grumbling to myself about getting questions wrong, and basically being grumpy. Then, when I got down to the first floor of the education building, I looked up and realized the halls were completely empty.

Because school was over.

That was my pick-me-up! I remember thinking, “It’s times like this that I wish I knew how to do cartwheels. This is what the good Lord invented cartwheels for.”

So I looked around for any onlookers who might be able to see me, and seeing none, tried my hand at a few cartwheels. Let’s get this straight: I don’t do cartwheels. I don’t like them, and they don’t like me. Since I left my pen & pencil pocket unzipped when I left the exam, a whole assortment of writing devices -- my paraphernalia of penmanship; my machinery of manuscript -- fell all over the ground during the first cartwheel attempt. I tried twice more, then gave up, but it’s the thought that counts.

I’m probably going to be on hiatus for a little while within the next couple days, since I need to dismantle this aggregation of worldly belongings which I like to call my room. Hopefully I’ll be back up soon.

QUESTION OF THE MOMENT: On my way back form my exam, I walked by this lady in the tunnels who had dowsed herself in perfume, and this thought occurred to me: Do you measure a trail of smell in seconds or in feet? (Well… it seemed like a good question in my incoherent state.) Either way, the specific answer for this particular lady was probably best expressed in scientific notation -- with exponents, that is.